International students must demonstrate goof financial capacity
All students applying for Australia’s are required to show evidencethat they have enough funds to pay for course fees, travel and living costs for the themselves and their accompanying family members while in Australia.
According to the Department of Home Affairs, the cost of annual living amounts is as per below:
- Main Student or Guardian: $20,290 per annum
- Partner or Spouse: $7,100 (up from $6,940) per annum
- Per Child: $3,040 (up from $2,970) per annum
As evidence of financial capacity, international students are asked to provide either:
- evidence of sufficient funds to cover travel costs and 12 months of living and tuition fees for themselves and accompanying family members and school costs for any school aged dependants, or
- evidence that their spouse or parents are willing to support them and they have an annual income of that meets the requirements.
More information about the Student visa financial capacity requirements is available at http://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/Stud/More/Student-Visa-Living-Costs-and-Evidence-of-Funds.